Jun 5, 2007

So much to talk about, so little time.


We’re all moved into the new apartment. I can’t wait to get unpacked and settled. It was very hectic moving with just the two of us – (everyone weaseled out at the last minute). No, I can’t say that, S did have a friend who helped him with the furniture on the 1st day. Thank goodness for that. But we spent Thursday busting our rumps to get the rest moved out and the apartment clean. Then Friday, S & C had an out of town tourney they had to leave for. And I got the kids for the weekend. We did Relay for Life, but it was raining and lightening and my little man was already sick, so we spent most of Saturday at home watching movies. Needless to say I wasn’t able to get a whole lot done with unpacking. Sunday, I got the kitchen unpacked and started hanging up the kids’ clothes. But I spent the evening snuggled with S for some much needed “down” time. And last night, well, I didn’t do anything. We watched softball, played on the laptop and watched Hell’s Kitchen. I need to go to the grocery store tonight, but I’m not really feeling it. I’m trying hard to not consume as much junk food as possible. So I am dreading shopping, because I crave snacks, and I’m weak. ;)
Yesterday, I talked to my Dad. He’s coming out for a visit in July. I can’t wait to see him. Partially because I want him to see what happy, content me looks like. I know he’s disappointed that I left my marriage. And I know that he’s mad because I didn’t take the kids. I think that seeing me 40lbs lighter, less nervous, and happy will make him worry less. Maybe it will make him understand that I had to work to get myself better before I could do anything else. And I really want him to meet the man who makes my tummy flutter. He needs to see that I’m involved with a stable man who’s worthy of having me. (You know – that Daddy’s little girl deal, lol) And I want to talk to him face to face and let him know that I am doing the things that are necessary to get the kids with me, hopefully without pulling the bitch card, and causing a huge uproar.
So enough the serious stuff! I was visiting 2Peas and saw the Tuesday blogger for today. It was:
“ Blog about 5 of the songs you have downloaded/heard/bought recently, that you love, and you feel they are SO WORTH the 99 cents you paid for them... blog about 5 songs that you just love right now...”
I just downloaded the entire Rob Thomas CD. I love his music, so I felt like the whole CD was necessary. And I downloaded P.Diddy/Keisha Cole “Last Night”. I just love that song! It reminds me of old Prince for some reason. I also downloaded the new Justin Timberlake “Summer Love”. Again, just a great song. And I’ve been on an 80’s kick, so I have gotten some really great songs to appease that need.
Also, because I’ve been visiting 2Peas, I am dying to scrap again. I need to find a desk first though. And of course, because I have no $$ and no truck, I found the PERFECT desk on craigslist. Take a look at this: Large work surface, lots of drawers….*sigh* I love life.




Oh! And these clear acrylic books are adorable!! I want to make one so bad. What stinks is that I used to work for a plastic distributer and I could have gotten whatever I wanted at cost, professionally cut to my specs. Or I could have just taken scraps for free. Bummer. But I think I’m going to order one since I don’t have the skill, patience or tools to make one. At $30 a pop, lets hope I don’t become addicted.
Alright, I’m gonna jump off here for now. I should do some work today. Until next time…..

0 comments:


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez