Apr 4, 2009

I'm a little bummed tonight


I am feeling kinda blue tonight. I have been trying to make some new friends (scrap buddies) and I'm feeling kind of leper-ish. I really enjoy hanging out and scrapping with another gal but I just can't find anyone. I know, I'm whining. I have a couple of friends, but they don't "get" scrapbooking. And lately it seems as though our lives are heading in different directions, so I'm not getting a whole lot of contact with them anyway. Maybe they sense that I'm starved for adult interaction. I dunno.

I would love to try going to a crop, but logistically it's hard. Just finding somewhere to stash the kiddos for a little "me" time is a challenge. And I'm not really good in groups of people that I've never been around before. I always feel awkward and out of place, so I don't say a lot. And I think that makes me appear snobbish, when in reality, I'm not. I tried to meet a fellow Pea in person and I think I may have scared her. I know I talked her ear off. Desperation is ugly..... *sigh*

Alright, I guess I'm gonna go feel sorry for myself while I bake some brownies or cookies or something else I'm not supposed to eat. Hopefully, I'll get into my scraproom and play around and that'll make me feel better.


post signature

2 comments:

The Crackpot Therapist on April 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM said...

Ah, your words sound so familiar. If you find the right balance let me know. Thanks for your comment on my blog, and yes I finally got my Stampin Up order - sort of, my demonstrator dropped my order off at my mom's house - because she lives closer to her, so when I visit my mom I guess I'll get it. LOL.

k on April 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM said...

If I lived nearby, I would get together to crop with you. Not a lot of great organized crops in my area so meeting scrapbooking friends is a challenge.


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez