Nov 17, 2008

It's been a while.... (here's a little RAK)


Wow! It's been a bit since I was on blogger. I didn't realize that I was that busy, but I guess I was.

What have I been up to? Organizing, cleaning, Girl Scouts, school and oh yeah, I got a JOB! Yeah me! It's a temp job that will last about 3 months, but it'll pay me twice what I am making on unemployment every week and I'll have a little extra spending money for Christmas. I knew something would work itself out. :)

So on the organizing front, I tried something with my ribbon. I took it all and cut it into approximate 1 yard lengths and pinned them together by color and hung them on a wall. The idea is that I can see them, therefore I'll use them. The reality is that they are so much easier to pet and fondle. Take a look:

We'll see how it works out. I still can't find my mojo. *sigh* My BF told me I should just do something. I told him that art isn't something you "do"...you have to feel it. Something is off and I'm not feeling inspired. I think it's my work space. I haven't felt any inspiration since I bought this desk. Maybe I should try moving myself out into the living room, lol.

Anyway, I did watch a few movies over the last week. No Reservations, Shadowboxer, Nora's Hair Salon and Feel the Noise.

No Reservations is a total chick flick. :) I really liked this movie. Catherine Zeta-Jones is beautiful and funny throughout the movie. Aaron Eckhart plays a very likeable guy. There's a little bit of sadness, drama, funny and cuteness packed into this movie.

Shadowboxer is a really dark movie. I was surprised by the roles some more familiar actors and actresses played in this film. I liked the movie for the most part. It is definately off the beaten path. If you watch it, be prepared for violence, language and nudity/sexual content. Its not something that everyone will like, but I'd watch it again.

Nora's Hair Salon and Feel The Noise were two movies I played while I was working in my studio. They were both so-so movies aimed at the 28 and under crowd. They had good story premises and told them pretty well. Both of them would be a good choice if you had a couple of hours to kill.

Alright, so I know where some of my time went, lol. Anyway, I wanted to leave with a little gift to one of the people that read my blog. I know the holiday has passed, but you should have some very cute pictures to scrap of Halloween. So, I have this really neat little book, stickers, chipboard, ribbon & trim set to give away. This would make an awfully cute brag book, I think. :)

So in order for me to pick a reader, leave me a little comment if you're interested. I'll have a random generator pick a number for the winner. Make sure I can email you for your shipping info. I'll pick a winner on Thursday from the comments left on this post. (But be sure to read some of my others, lol) I have one of these planned for Christmas and I'll be getting on that one real soon! :)

Oh, and to answer the 2Peas challenge question: What kind of food would I bring to a crop....

I have no idea! The only crop I've ever been to was with myself, my sister in law and her friend. I brought Jack Daniels, but I don't think that counts as a food item. I wouldn't bring popcorn or chips because of the salty greasey butter factor. I might bring Hershey's kisses or M&M's, but I can't eat them, so that wouldn't be fun for me. Pretzels might be okay. If the food was going to be consumed away from the scrapping area, like a potluck, I'd bring pulled pork and sweet hawaiian rolls. That's my favorite food to share with others.

post signature

3 comments:

Jenn on November 18, 2008 at 2:21 AM said...

What a good idea for the ribbon. I tend to forget mine in a drawer under my scrap table. aaawwww....cute Halloween stuff! I have some cute pictures I could use THAT with:) Have a great week!

muirwoodsue on November 18, 2008 at 4:19 AM said...

I love your profile photo of you -you little devil! How cute is that. Your blog name made me hungry too.Lemon cupcakes! Thanks for doing the RAK, it looks like adorable goodies.
Sue from Michigan

The Greedy's on November 20, 2008 at 8:32 PM said...

Am I too late to get in on the drawing? Hope not it's still Thursday!!! Anyhow LOVE the kit, would love to scrap this years pictures with it!!!

Oh pick me pick me!!! :) :)


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez