Oct 30, 2008

'Twas the day before Halloween...


And someone is getting bronchitis. I'll give you three guesses. *sigh* I woke up this morning with a wheezy barking cough and my right lung hurts. Currently I'm checking the status of my medicaid case to see if I can go to the doctor. If not I need to call my doctor and see if she'll see me and if there are meds on the $4 prescription list at Walmart. Ah, well my case is still pending. So much for that idea. I am however going to the doc on Saturday and I'll just have to pay cash. P.S. - I love my Doc. Her staff is super!

K- enough whining. Time to get on to the really good stuff. So 2Peas challenge today is what is one skill I've wanted but I don't have. I can only pick one? LOL I guess I would have to say that I really wish I was more of a people person, or at least had the ability to talk to people and make friends. Unless I know you, I probably won't talk to you...in person. On the internet, it's a whole 'nother story. But I've learned that people think I'm stuck up or "holier than thou" because I haven't spoken to them in whatever situation. What they don't realize is that I'm just worried about what uncomprehensible form of a sentence will come out of my mouth. Or spit. I'm always worried about spitting when I talk. So for both reasons, I just don't open my mouth. I need to work on that.

So I wanted to start a new feature on my blog. Okay, two new features that are basically the same. My movie review and my book review. I wanted to do these mainly out of boredom. So here are the first ones:

Movie: The Happening

I watched this yesterday. I thought it was really weird. I "got" the premise of it. But it really just fizzled out. I mean, the plants? Only in the North East part of the country? Ummm.... okay. I just wasn't feeling this one.

Book: sTori Telling by Tori Spelling

I literally just finished this one this morning. I really liked this. I was one of the throngs of millions that never thought of Tori as more than a spoiled little rich girl. I had started watching her TV show on Oxygen, and kept thinking she seemed more like "me" than some Hollywood starlet. And her book didn't change that opinion. It seems she spent her entire life looking for acceptance and rarely getting it. And she can laugh at herself. That's one of my favorite traits in a person. Honestly, if she were my neighbor, we'd probably be friends.

My next book is Twilight. I have it in my hot little hands and I'm going to start reading it tonight. Stay tuned.

Last night, we had scouts. We made Christmas cards to send to Troops overseas. Here are their creations. I have little budding artists in midst.

I used those little stamps I bought the other day and I have to admit, I actually enjoy stamping. I've never really done it, but I think I'm gonna invest in some different colors of ink pads and get into that groove. {I think my wallet just groaned} I really enjoyed what I was doing with the stamps I had. Perhaps this will break the block I've had.

And finally, we did cookies and candies to take to the teachers today. I was going to do goodie bags for about 70 students, but I have not been feeling right this week. So my daughter and my bf's daughter both baked cookies and did candies. I think everything turned out cute:







































and these are my new favorite treats. Garlic Pumpkin seeds. I roasted them yesterday. I just love to suck the flavor off of them.










2 comments:

Theresa on October 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM said...

Sure hope you're not getting sick. Get you a bottle of Normal Saline Nasal Spray, around $3. Pour it into each nostril twice a day, really soak it, and let it run out. Blow your nose. Kid you not, I've been doing this for months and it works wonderfully.

Kate on October 31, 2008 at 4:30 AM said...

HI! THANKS FOR COMING TO MY BLOG!

the spider and skull borders are Oreintal Trading company.

Love all you Halloween prep!


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez