Oct 24, 2008

Friday, Friday, Friday!


Last night, I went out for a drink with an old friend of mine. It was nice to get out of the house and blow off some steam. It really made me feel good to just talk and work through things with a good listener. I think we're going to go out on Saturday night too, since (hopefully) my kids will be gone for the weekend. The little ones for sure, but my oldest is up in the air. I asked Grandma to keep her so I can go to a different friends Halloween party. Which reminds me, I need to figure out what I'm taking to the pot luck. Hmmmm......... Maybe I'll stop tonight and get some pork roast and do crockpot pulled pork and sweet hawaiian rolls.

I woke up really early this morning, but in a good way. I wasn't groggy and tired. At 4:45am, my boyfriend kissed me goodbye and I tried my usual routine of going back to sleep. But I realized at 5am that I just wasn't tired. I got up and made some coffee and logged onto my Calculus class. And dropped it, lol. I found out that I have A's in my other three classes. I passed my ECON mid-term and have an A- in the class. And my Humanities and Core Humanities are both A's, because I got really good grades on my essays. Sweet! Anyway, that meant that I could safely drop Calculus. I have to pass 75% of my classes to keep my financial aid. And I am more than just passing. Yeah me! I decided to not worry about the one class I just wasn't getting. I'll take it next semester on campus instead of online. That's one less stress for me right now.

Today I have two interviews, one at 10am and one at 3pm. I thought I'd come home in between, but they are both on the other side of town, probably 20 or so miles away and I don't think wasting the gas to come back home is such a good idea. So instead, I am going to finish my first interview and go grab lunch somewhere, just myself and Tori. Yep! I got Stori Telling from the library's wait list. I'm going to go sit somewhere and have a nice french onion soup and read. Then I'm going to Toys R Us and Burlington Coat Factory. I need to start looking around for Christmas and I need to buy myself a grown up coat. I have been looking at this one:
It's from LLBean. My mom has a similar one that I really like. I decided that it was time to ditch the hoodies (for the most part) and try playing the part of grown up. This coat appeals to me because while it appears "grown up", it's not overly stuffy. 'Cause I'm a big girl and I don't desire to look like the stay puff marshmellow girl. Anyway, before I commit to getting this one online, since there are not LLBean stores around here, I'm gonna go check out Burlington Coat Factory and see what they have. I always find good deals there.

And Toys R Us is having a promotion to buy $25 of Hanna Montana or HSM3 stuff and get a free movie pass to HSM3. Now, I know I can find $25 worth of that junk. But the delimia is, do I WANT to get the movie pass? Do I want to go to a movie theater full of pre-teen girls oogling what's his nose? Ummmm...........

After I'm done with my interviews, I'm coming home to get the kids ready for the Halloween festival tonight. I bought 40 tickets for $20 because I've never done this before. My boyfriends kid looked at me like was nuts. But it's simple mathmatics. Dinner is between 2-3 tickets and drinks are 1 ticket. There are 6 of us going. So just dinner alone is 12-18 tickets and 6 for drinks. And then there are the games for 1-2 tickets per pop times 4. Crud. I should have bought more tickets! LOL Anyway, the kids are dressing up in their costumes and I get to spend the evening roaming the hallways of the school being glared at by the PTO moms who just can't understand my desire to NOT spend my "free" time at the school. Seriously. But, eh, who cares? My kids will have a good time.

All right I have to get the heathens ready and off to school and then I get to get myself ready. What a long day this is gonna be.

3 comments:

Purple Princess on October 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM said...

Good luck with your interviews! Love the coat you pictured too!

Jen Mc on October 24, 2008 at 9:37 AM said...

Good luck with the interviews - keep us posted.
Have a good day and wonderful weekend!

Heather on October 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM said...

I have that coat in the pale blue color and love it! Although it seems to run a bit big. Good luck with your interviews!


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez