Oct 23, 2008

Gettin' Better.....


So, this past week has been LONG..... I'm not gonna go into a whole lotta detail but I'm getting better. I think it helps that I am not sick with the flu. Still no job, but I have interviews at least. That's a step in the right direction. I have a mid-term in Pre-Calculus that I am going to FAIL. I haven't been able to study. I'll be getting back into it tonight, so we'll see. The test is Saturday morning.

Anyway, I spent the morning today driving all over rural northern Nevada looking for the Paiute Indian Tribe's Council Office to have an interview. I finally found it and had an okay interview. I don't think I'll get the job, because I really lack the experience they're looking for. Not that I couldn't pick it up, but I think they need someone who already has it.

So once I got home, I had to make the cakes I signed up to provide for the cake walk at the Halloween festival at the kids' school. You know, I really had a bunch of fun making these. I didn't make the icing from scratch though and I think that I'll be doing that from now it. It was kind of hard to work with. The spider cake is red velvet with cream cheese icing. Imagine cutting into that and seeing the red cake inside. Adds to the spookiness I think, lol. The pumpkin is just a halloween confetti cake mix with vanilla icing. The important thing is that my kids like them. But that's the point isn't it? :)



Okay, so part of me being depressed is me changing things. So I dyed my hair. I don't think you can really tell in the pictures, but it's darker than it was. (Chocolate Peanut Butter by Nutresse.) I really, really like it. Although I might go get it re-done in a couple of weeks with a splash of blonde highlights. Just cause I can. Oh! I tried that new Maybelline mascara, Colossal. All I can say is WOW! Love this stuff! If you can get some, do so. It's rockin'!


All righty then. I'm gonna get off the 'net and get busy with my homework. Oh, and I have two more interviews tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

muirwoodsue on October 24, 2008 at 4:57 AM said...

Looks like you have had a rough week so here are some HUGS for you. I really hope you find the job that is right for you. Keep the faith! Your cakes are beautiful and my mouth is watering. YUM. I can't believe that it snowed already, but then you are in Nevada. Hang in there because the Peas are there for you.

Sandra Collins on October 24, 2008 at 5:26 AM said...

those cakes are fantastic!

Heather on October 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM said...

cute cakes! What a funny name for a hair color! It looks good though!


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez