Oct 6, 2008

It's Fall y'all!!


So I am going to concede to the fact that it's fall. Even though I don't want it to be. Even though I don't need it to be. Anyway, the first signs of fall around my humble abode is banana bread. Yep. Every year about this time I bake it and every year it fails to rise, which reminds me I need new flour. So here's 2.5 loaves of non-fluffy banana bread. I think my boyfriend is thrilled, lol.


Anyway, it's been an interesting weekend. I've been LAZY as can be. I haven't done nearly enough housework. But I did manage to go to a church yard sale on Saturday. And looky what that got me - a new to me purse for a whole whopping .25¢. Yeah Me! Although, I'm not schooled in purses, so I am probably carrying a summer purse in winter. But my pretty green Nine West purse I bought for spring has been doing a darn good job since March-ish. I figure I should probably update it a little. I have my burgundy corduroy purse from last fall to use if I see too many people being critical of my white and black one over the next few weeks. Oh wait a minute, I forgot! I don't have to care what others think about my tackiness! Life is much simpler for me that way. *giggle*

So tomorrow I have an interview for a long-term temporary position. I wasn't going to worry about it, but I feel like I'm being given the run around with the state position I'd heard about a couple of weeks ago. And quite honestly with the holidays coming up, I need the income. I can't rely on anyone else to give me money. And my bills are starting to fall behind again. I don't want to be in that situation. I got a letter about the kids' free school lunch being denied because of (.) That's what the paper said. No explaination, just a period. I have a feeling that the paper from my unemployment never made it to the office. Since I'm going to be out tomorrow I'm going to the central office and making sure they get the appropriate papers. $2.50 per kid per day is a little steep for me at the moment. Especially out of the blue. Luckily I bought lunch fixin's at the store today so they can brown bag it the rest of this week.

Off that subject and onto the pictures from the pumpkin patch. :) We went Friday and had a good time. It was chilly, so I only planned on staying about 1.5 hours, which was perfect.

Allie on the hay ride:


Nate kickin back on the hay ride:


Lizzie pickin' out a pumpkin:


Nate pickin' up a date, lol:


My piglest checkin' out the piglets:


We're going to go back just us in a week or so. I want to get some photos of us, me included. I'm going to have to seek out a volunteer to be the photographer. Any takers?

Alright, I have to go read another chapter in my Core Humanities book and start writing my essay that's due on the 9th. Ugh. I keep kicking myself wondering what I was thinking when I signed up for college again. Someone remind me, please? Oh yeah.....





0 comments:


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez