Oct 25, 2008

Another busy day ahead


We went to the Halloween festival last night. It was fun for the most part. We bought $40 worth of tickets and the kids ate hotdogs, played games, made caramel apples and had a great time. I ran into people I haven't seen in a while, including one of my brother's old high school football buddies. I hooked them back up 'cause I'm cool like that. :) I also ran into one the mom's of 2 girls that were in my Girl Scout troop. That's where my night took a turn towards bad. I'd been wondering why the girls had stopped coming to meetings. I'd been leaving messages, sending emails and had heard nothing. Well, I found out that my daughter had been picking on these two girls, who happen to have some medical issues and are "slower" than other kids their ages. (This is what their mom told me - I have no idea what issues they have, be it autisim or what have you.) I guess my evil spawn #2 has been picking on them and making them cry. What I can't figure out is why I haven't heard anything about this before now. Needless to say, I was embarrassed, pissed at my kid and very apologetic to their mom. Our evening out ended quite quickly. I brought evil spawn #2 home and laid into her. I found out that my other evil spawn (#1 & #3) have been witness to this activity and have said nothing. I guess you can figure out that everybody under 5ft tall in my house is grounded. I told them all that if I EVER found out they were picking on anyone, any where, at anytime, I'd make them suffer. Why do kids act like this? Why do they feel the need to be mean to each other. I just don't get it. Evil Spawn #2 just got over a huge incident on the playground where she was the butt of the jokes. We spent days with Mood-Swing Barbie in the house before we found out what was going on and fixing it. My boyfriend think that she felt the need to pick on somebody and she took out on these two girls. Ugh. I *hate* being a mom sometimes. This is hard.

So, here are the three pictures I was able to catch at the festival. Why just 3 you ask? Well, somebody forgot to put the memory card back in her camera and therefore had the stinky crappy internal memory on her Kodak Z760.
This is Lizzie, the pirate, with her teacher, Mrs. Killian and some classmates:


This Allie with her teacher, Mrs. Rodriguez and Nate. Allie is Sharpay from HSM. Nate is Black Spidey.


This is Nate with his teacher, Mrs. Clark. She was so cute because her pumpkin face was over her little tiny baby bump. Last week, Nathan insisted we bring her orange juice " cause its good for the baby in her belly, mom!" He's so sweet.


This is my silly goofy boyfriend after the kids had gone to bed last night. He was wearing a Hanna Montana wig. He just brings sexy back, doesn't he?:


Okay, this is what was in my mailbox last night. Man I love getting cool goodies in the mail. This My Minds Eye "Nightlight", "Spooked" and "Frosty"





I am SO gonna make it into my scraproom and do something with these. I'm in LOVE.
Yesterday I also got some stuff from Joann's for the Girl Scout troop to make cards for soldiers next week. I bought the new Christmas stack, $1 stamps and these:
We'll see if these are as cool as stickles, but for $1 a piece, and almost twice the size, they'll work for making glittery cards for the holidays.

Okay, I have a million and one things to do today. I already started pulled pork for the pot luck I'm supposed to go to tonight, and I hung a 2nd rod in the kids' closet. I'm trying to organize my house and help keep the Chaos at bay. Now to do that mountain of laundry that's been taunting me, and make some sugar cookies. Hopefully there's a nap somewhere in there. LOL

Oh, btw, the interviews yesterday were so-so. The first one was good. The lady liked me, and told me she really liked my outlook and ideas. But I won't hear before late next week or early the week after. I didn't hear anything about the Piaute Indian Tribes position either. And the 2nd interview from yesterday I actually turned down. It paid less than I make on unemployment. And it had nothing to do with my skill set. I was kinda mad at the dude from the employment agency that sent me to it. He got an attitude when I passed on it. Did he honestly think I'd jump on a temp job that paid me nothing? Oh well.

1 comments:

Theresa on October 25, 2008 at 11:54 AM said...

LOL over you calling the kids evil spawn! Wish I'd thought of that when DS was little, love it. I just always called him my husband's son when I was ticked at him. When he was good, he was my son. I am going to pass your title along to my sister. She has her own little 4 year old evil spawn so thanks for sharing.

Oh, btw, can't help you with the question about why kids pick on others, wish I knew.


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez