Aug 14, 2008

Can it be?


What's this you see? It's my scrappin' mess!!! Whoo-hoo! Yep, I scrapped yesterday. I made a card for a baby shower and started a pirate princess chipboard book. How do you like me now?

And, there's my whimsy jar all full and ready to mail. I just have to get off my butt and take it to the post office. Oh yeah, and decorate it. Oops.... almost forgot.

So, I had an interview today. Oh.my.gawd. I was so nervous. And I had sweaty palms. Ick!!! Sick I really don't know how it went. I mean, I think it was okay, but I know I rambled on. The interviewer indicated that my salary requirement was within their range. I guess I just get to wait and see. This is only my first interview since being laid off. If it's meant to be, it will happen. If not, well... bummer.

This afternoon, I scolded my boyfriend's kid for the first time. She was picking on my oldest and I wasn't in the room. (of course) My daughter came in and told me what was happening and I told her to tell BF's kid to knock it off. Well, BF's kid said "No". Wrong. So I told her that she was going to stop picking on DD, that it was going to stop now, and that I was tired of it. Her dad came home, and she was crying. She's not used to not getting away with it. But I'm sick of it. I vowed to not be "that" step-mom, you know, the EVIL one. Looks like I'm gonna break that vow. It's tricky this step-parenting stuff. I've tried to give leeway b/c of the only child thing. But if you give an inch, they take a mile. And it seems as if my kids are constantly in trouble, but that somebody else walks on water. Well, it's gonna have to be all or nothing. I can't keep allowing double standards. *sigh* Why can't it just be easy peasy?

Well, it's 10 o'clock. Time for Burn Notice. And tomorrow I get to go to Costco. Yipee! And cut up a dozen apples in the morning for snack. Yeah me! I really wanted to get pre-cut apples. But wouldn't you know it, Walmart didn't have them. And it was 101 degrees today. I really didn't want to look anywhere else. So I'm sending freshly cut apples and mickey mouse shaped cheese for snack tomorrow. Next time, it's Uncrustables! LOL G'nite!

2 comments:

Danielle on August 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM said...

As a child who has had a few stepmothers, I am glad you stepped in and took charge. My stepmothers didn't even show interest in us at all. And as a child, we need to learn respect of all elders, not just our Mom's and Dad's. So, good for you!

Charleen on August 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM said...

YAY for messy scrap tables!


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez