Mar 15, 2009

Lazy Sunday


So, today is day two of my spring break. The wind is howling and dinner (Tequila Lime Chicken) is in the crockpot. And I am recovering from day one, lol. Yesterday I took a trip down to the Sacramento area with my mother and Lizzie. We started at 8:30 and our first stop was this HUGE Joann's. I have never been in a Joann's with such a selection. And having everything in stock! No empty shelves. It was awesome! I got a couple of stacks and some stickers for the kidlet, lol. Then we went to Chick-fil-a for a terrific lunch. I had forgotten how yummy they were! So after getting full on chicken sandwiches and waffle fries, we headed to Scrapbook Station. I loved all their die cuts.

Our next stop was Green Tangerines. OMG! I was pretty sure I'd been killed on the freeway and had just walked into scrapbook heaven. The store is huge! They have everything and then some. I wish I'd had my camera with me. My mother could have captured my expression of awe coupled with the drool dripping out fo my mouth, lol. I could have spent all day just playing in there. They had paper, embellishments, Primas, chipboard and OH my Heavens! The Thickers! Every color and font and cute little patterns. I could have dropped a bunch of money on those alone. I'm probably going to sign up for their monthly kit and I definately plan of visiting again very, very soon! :)

Finally, we visited Ikea for the first time. Again, the look of awe and drool kicked in. This where I spent entirely too much money. I bought dressers for the girls, and more organizational stuff for the scraproom, lol.

I got this system with some little bottles for something. Not sure what though. And I have to paint it white to match, lol

I got 4 of each of these. The black metal strips and the metal containers with clear lids I'm thinking to put primas in. The 4pack of jars goes with the spice rack above. And the glass jars are going on a shelf to store embellishments.

These hooks go on a line and will clip things up, like projects or pictures or whatever. I gotta figure out how to use this. I didn't buy the line, but I think I can figure something out. ;)

So I am definately planning another trip, once I'm gainfully employed again and I'm going to actually make a list this time, so I don't forget what I came for. Yep. I did that, lol. But I totally love Ikea. I will be back.

Alrighty, I'm gonna go put my treasures away and check on dinner. I get the little kids back in an hour and a half, and I have to bathe them and get them ready for school tomorrow. So much for spring "break" huh?

post signature

2 comments:

Theresa on March 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM said...

LOL, a pretty big shopping day for someone that isn't "gainfully employed" Glad you found so many goodies. We don't have any Ikeas around here, probably a good thing for my checkbook.

Cassandra on March 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM said...

Yeah, I know, lol. But I have been squirreling money away for this day since I thought about doing it before I was laid off last summer. That and I have a very generous mommy. =) I'm officially on a spending hiatus from here on out. Food and necessities only. Maybe...


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez