Jul 22, 2008

What the heck just happened????


Today was back to school night. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm now on the PTA, signed up to be a Girl Scout leader and I need to be fingerprinted for volunteering in the classroom. I'm pretty sure I agreed to give my next born to Satan too. I don't even know what happened. One minute I'm meeting the teachers and the next I have a handful of sign up forms and t-shirts. Crap.
And while we were meeting in the Cafeteria, I was swarmed by stay at home moms. Apparently, my kids are in their kids' classes and we all need to get together for afterschool play dates and other stuff. Now, I don't have anything against them. They're all very nice ladies. But, that's not my lifestyle. I'm a simple worker bee. I don't like idle time and I'm not stay at home mom material. I've tried it before and it's just not how I roll. And don't get me started on the whole I dislike people in general thing. I have very few friends for a reason. I'm kinda shy and I find that I rarely have things in common with people. I know I lack "chit-chat" skills. And I'm remarkably inappropriate at most times. It's a wonder that the people I do know put up with me. Besides, if I'm gonna be a girl scout leader I'm going to need to save all my "good" for those times. Note to self: No potty mouth while earning badges. They frown on that.

Anyway, I didn't get much done today. I spent time trying to get answers from unemployment. That worked out well. It doesn't make any sense to me that if I EARNED a bonus way back in June and the company just got around to paying me for it today, why it should count against me. According to their handbook:
"You are considered "UNEMPLOYED" in any calendar week during which you performed no work and earned no wages...You must report any work performed or any wages earned during the week covered by the claim. 'Wages' means GROSS AMOUNT EARNED before deductions. Wages must be reported in the week in which they are earned, not when paid."

And I've been given three different answers. #1-report them as wages, like I worked this week. #2 - fax a copy of the stub to UE and let them decide and #3 - don't report it at all. I've been told all three. WTF!?!? The only problem is that if these "wages" are reported incorrectly to UE, it could come back to bite me in the ass. So now I have an email in to UE (get it in writing and CYA). We'll see what happens with that.

And I spent more time on the phone with the hospitals and Blue Cross. Hopefully, this will get those claims submitted and paid. The hospitals' billing staff are LYING and I've caught them in a lie and they don't like it. The lady at Blue Cross didn't like it either. I wish I could send her a nice thank you card with a starbucks gift card. But I don't know how I can get it to her. Although, I have her extension. I wonder if I could get a super to give me a mailing address. Hmmmm......

Oh and I had a personal accomplishment today! I walked 1.46 miles. Whoo-hoo for me! It may not sound like much but I haven't been able to do any exercise without my foot swelling up and breaking out in that nasty rash thing. And I was able to walk today, and I don't have any issues. I'm so excited! So tomorrow, I am going to go walking again. Start slowly and work my way up. I told my hunny that soon I'd be walking to his work to bring him lunch. He's about 3-4 miles away. That'd be a helluva round trip for me.

Alright I'm going to go check my blood sugars and take all my meds. And then I'm gonna read for a while. Man, this idle time is killing me. Oh, and I haven't forgot about doing some kits. I was too busy this morning and the afternoon got away from me. I think I'm going to try my mothers suggestion and get up at 5am so I stop throwing off my schedule. And if I do that, I'll have a couple of hours before the kids get up to do something. Plus I am declaring tomorrow to be scrapbooking day. I WILL complete a layout if it kills me. hehe....

1 comments:

Danielle on July 23, 2008 at 8:57 AM said...

Yeah!!! for you on the walking thing. I have also been trying to do this for the past four months. Started out great, but the last few weeks have been difficult. I have on my shoes right now, but I honestly was going to skip it until I read your post. Thanks for the motivation and off I go.


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez