Sep 10, 2007

Life Makeover


Yep, I said it. Life makeover. I'm totally in need of one. Not that my life is bad, just parts of it could be better. My biggest issue it time. I just don't have enough of it. Between my kids, my boyfriend, my friends, my work and my divorce, I'm stretched beyond my limit. I keep making sacrifices to help free up time, and its not helping.
The first thing I stopped doing was scrapping. I have not scrapped a single page in almost a year. NOT ONE PAGE. I've bought supplies and am now faced with the delimna of having "too much". I tried this weekend to sit down and scrap and all I ended up doing was shuffling supplies around and shaking my head at the excess.
The second thing I stopped doing was excercising and eating right. I've convinced myself that I don't have time for it. And I am paying for it. I feel really crappy, tired and sluggish. Not to mention that I've started putting the weight back on that I lost.
I've also stopped taking care of my inner princess, like new clothing, haircuts, getting my nails done, etc.... All of these things cost money, so that's my reason for not doing it. Plus it takes time in the morning to put on makeup and really fix my hair.
And I'm completely unorganized and un-time managed. I have a to do list that just keeps getting longer and longer because I'm too lazy to get up and just get things done.

So, I've decided that today's the last day of all of this. I'm making a goal to attempt to correct the things I've seen as wrong in my life. And hopefully, things will get better.
#1 - I'm going to start watching my eating and go for walks. I won't be able to work on anything until I've worked on myself and the way I feel. I need my energy to complete my goals.
#2 - I'm going to give myself and the kids a schedule so we can build a routine we so desperately need. I think we spend a lot of wasted time and energy butting heads on things that should just be routine.
#3- I'm going to take "me" time. I need time to get my nails done, get my hair cut or just spend time by myself, for myself.
#4- Organization! I need to purge all the crap I've gathered and find homes for what I'm keeping.
#5- And my scrap goal: 2 projects a week. And no more buying! I think both are reasonable.

Anyway, now that I've made the goals, I need to find a way to implement them. Thats tonights challenge. Just me, my notebook and my calendar. We're gonna figure this out. :)

1 comments:

toners on September 10, 2007 at 1:36 PM said...

Great post :) Good luck to you with all your goals!!


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez