Feb 11, 2008

Just some random ramblings for today.


I wanted to start off by answering a 2Peas challenge I saw a week or so ago. The challenge was something along the lines of if you could live in a different time period, which would it be. Well, I honestly think I would have loved to have been a southern belle in pre-civil war time. To have lived a seemingly carefree life with no regard to money, chores or tedious life. *sigh* Of course maybe I've seen Gone With the Wind too many times. But it seems that life was more genteel and romantic. Big houses, beautiful clothes, etiquette, manners and social rituals that put modern society to shame. Of course I also think that I'd have wanted to live in San Fransisco at the height of the gold rush. Everything was so beautiful with the Victorian styling. And to have been a rich prospectors wife! I can't even begin to imagine.

Anyway, today's blogger challenge got me to thinking too. I honestly don't know what my biggest lesson in life has been. I've been schooled a lot lately and each lesson has sent me away with a new understanding. Things happen for a reason, do unto others... I think every lesson we learn is important at that particular junction in our lives.

Right now, I am learning not to project others shortcomings onto myself and the people around me. Just because one person did such n such to me does not mean that this other person will. It's a very hard lesson.

0 comments:


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez