Dec 30, 2007

Now that's funny...


I've not really kept it secret that I filed for bankruptcy after trying my damnedest to make things work. Of course, I had no control over my ex-husband and his lack of responsibility and BK ended up being the only choice. :(

What I find funny is that I spent months BEGGING Wells Fargo to help me out a little with my car payment. I asked them to lower the interest rate, defer a payment, anything... and I was met with rude, snotty, condescending attitudes every time. So yesterday in the mail, I received a reaffirmation agreement from them. (If you don't know what it is, a reaffirmation agreement is basically restructuring the loan to "benefit" both parties, and the debt isn't discharged in the bankruptcy) They've "agreed" to eliminate $10,000.00 in neg. equity, reduce the interest rate by 7.95%, thus cutting the payment in half, and the terms would only be a few months more than the original contract. ~does that tell you how awful my original loan was?~

Anyway, I've already bought a new car. I'm letting Wells eat this one. Maybe if they had been a little more co-operative to begin with, well.....

And speaking of my ex's lack of responsibility, I'm visiting the DA tomorrow. He's been working since around Thanksgiving, and I've yet to see a dime in child support. According to the court order they are supposed to be garnishing his checks. He told me that he's supposed to mail a payment to the state. Uh-huh. Like that's gonna happen. He's been making over a grand a week for at least a month, he's not paid the mortgage, his truck payment and I'm supposed to hold my breath for his child support? Oh, and he bought my kids a Playstation 2 and they weren't supposed to tell me about it. They get to play it the whole 4 days a month they're with him. Wonder what else he's been spending his money on since its not his kids or his bills. So I'm gonna go pitch a fit and make them enforce the judges order that a wage garnishment is required. Hell, he didn't work for 6 months, so they need to get everything they can out of him while they can.

Anyway, I'm going to go for now. I need to clean my scrapnook so I can get something done. Wish me luck. :)

0 comments:


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez