Oct 20, 2009

Whoa! What a weekend! Scrapbook Expo '09!


I had such a fun weekend! I went with my mom and Gayle (mom's co-worker) to Scrapbook Expo in Sacramento this past weekend. OMG! It was so much fun!!! We shopped at Green Tangerines, took lots o' classes and shopped the Expo until our credit cards melted.

Thursday was drive day and stopping by Green Tangerines. They were having a 40% off sale, so we did our shopping warm up there, lol. We got a ton of stuff. Seriously. And no, they are NOT closing, despite the rumors. They are actually still going very strong and resetting the store. I cannot wait to see what they do, although it will most likely be spring before we get there again. :(

Friday morning, we started off with Basic Grey's Eerie class. So much fun! Kelly G. is a riot y'all! :) My mom had to feed her addiction and cut class. I stayed until I got interrupted by family business and had to go find her. Ugh. Hopefully, we made up for being such bad students by taking Kelly to GT and The Cheesecake Factory. I'm pretty sure she believes we're crazy. Of course, she's right, but it's all good. ;) Kelly told the waiter it was our birthdays so our red velvet cheesecake was delivered with a candle in it. That's Kelly's arm. I took a pic with her, but I think it's on my mom's phone, so that will come later.




We took SEI's Clearly Fabulous, Quick Quotes This Boy Canvas class, Travel by Land, Sea & Air SEI class and Helix's All Mixed Up album. I didn't finish any of them but will have pics to share soon. :) Between these classes, we shopped, shopped, shopped. It was a whole lotta fun!

Saturday was more classes and more shopping. We took SEI's Expand It, Jacob's Ladder and Stamp & Page Expansion classes. I liked some of the techniques but wasn't thrilled by the paper lines used. I guess I'm just a butthead like that. We also took the Quick Quotes Dutch Door Album class. That was pretty cool, but I was bummed because I couldn't buy the paper pack to finish it. But I made up for that, lol. We bought more stuff. After the Expo, we went for margaritas. Our bartender was a scrapbooker too! And she made some really strong drinks:

And Sunday, we headed home. Of course we stopped at GT again before heading over the mountains. Anyway, here's the car packed to the gills:






What I got to see in the rear view mirrow:


And I know what you're probably thinking....Where are the pics of what you bought, woman? Well, I haven't unpacked yet. Tomorrow I'll get to that. Promise.
For now, I have to go make 24 invites for a Halloween party. By 8am. Wish me luck!
G'nite!

post signature

2 comments:

Theresa on October 21, 2009 at 6:44 AM said...

Looks like you took enough, not sure where you put the stuff you brought home. Hoping you didn't make one of the gals take a bus!

Gail on October 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM said...

That was a fun weekend! I'm glad I got to go with you girls. Glad we found enough room for me on the way back home haha.


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez