Oct 3, 2009

I've been a bad blogger, lol


But I'm back now to beg forgiveness. :) It's been busy busy with me lately. We are taking a much needed vacation to North Carolina. We left on Sept. 30th. I haven't been out there in 15 years. Things sure have changed. I'm going to post my adventures over the next couple of days. :)

We arrived around 11pm on Wednesday night. So of course, we didn't do too much except grab a quick bite at Wendy's and crash. Thursday, we were left to our own devices (as we were for most of the trip), so we borrowed my dad's BMW and checked out Knightdale. The only really odd thing was a lack of Starbucks. We did have breakfast at Hardee's, which now features such delectible menu items like fried bologna biscuits and pork chop and gravy biscuits. I opted for a steak biscuit and my son was enthralled with the idea that they served bacon biscuits. Sadly, spawn #1 was sick to her stomach and didn't get to eat anything. Spawn #2 stuck her nose in the air over what I dared to call food, lol.

Friday was when it really picked up. We rented a car and drove to my hometown. Aahhhhh..... Bliss. :) I drove by my old elementary school and stopped by my old house. It's for sale by the way...more on that later!















We went to my BFF Moment's house and then headed to Tweetsie Railroad. The spawn got to experience the opening night of "Ghost Train". Isn't that like the coolest thing ever? Okay, so I might be a little lame, but my son agrees with me. So we rode the train, we ate junk food, we played carnival games, we rode rides and had just an all around good time. Of course, spawn #3 got a tinsy bit scared by all the commotion aboard the train, but he came around in the end. We bought great little conductors hats and stayed out until midnight. That was a blast!













So that was a fun start to our vacation. :) I'll be posting more about our adventures over the next couple of days.

post signature

0 comments:


My Blog List

 

I Don't Need Therapy
...I Scrap
Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez